Sunday, February 10, 2008

Yummy Sugar Cookies

With Valentines Day coming up, I thought this might be a fun recipe for everyone. This is the best sugar cookie recipe I have ever come across. The secret ingredient is the orange extract! But, if you have ever had them, you know that. I add a little more than the recipe calls for every time. Buttercream icing is also really yummy on them. I usually double the recipe (or triple for Easter :)), if I am taking them anywhere.

Sugar Cookies:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp soda

Cream butter and sugar together. Add the rest of the ingredients as you do in most cookies. Roll out and cut. Sam says, "The thicker, the better!"

Cream Cheese Icing:
1 pkg cream cheese
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Soften cream cheese. Mix cream cheese, milk vanilla, and salt. Add powdered sugar gradually while mixing.

1 comment:

Recipespot said...

These look like the most beautiful cookies I have ever seen! Way to pretty to eat!