Saturday, February 2, 2008

An AWESOME recipe from Emilee...

This recipe must be straight from Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill....yummy. It's name doesn't do it justice. We first made this for my Mom and Dad's anniversary dinner from the kids and I finally got the recipe from Emilee. Sam can't stop talking about how much he loved it last night and it is what gave me the extra push to start the blog. We made it with angel hair pasta instead of bowtie. Seriously, you HAVE to try this. So without Emilee's consent, here it is...

Chicken Pepper Pasta

1 lb chicken cut into chunks/strips
6 Tbl butter
1 med red Onion (wedges)
1 med red pepper (strips)
1 med yellow pepper (strips)
1 med green pepper (strips)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cupfreshly grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp tarragon
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper1 pkg
(7 oz) bowtie pasta
1 1/2 c half & half

In a 12 inch skillet, melt butter until sizzling. Stir in onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook med high until pepper is crispy tender (2-3 min.) Remove vegetables from skillet with slotted spoon, set aside and add chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Prepare pasta according to pkg directions; drain and rinse. Add vegetables, half & half, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese to chicken mixture; reduce heat to medium; continue cooking until cheese is melted. Add pasta, toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Slades said...

Cole,
what a great idea! I can never think of anything to cook so this will be awesome! I will start looking for recipes to submit. Bryn

Renzello said...

I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! What a good idea! I love you guys!

The Bailey's said...

Yummy, I would love to be a part of this blog, will you let me on. you always have such great recipes, keep 'em comin!

Slades said...

nicole, wettied this recipe last wk and it was delicious, the only thing is I dont know how much ckn to cook. I figured it out and it was really yummy! Thanks! Bryn